Saturday, May 19, 2012

crossroads.

I recently graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville, and here I am, the world at my fingertips.
I find myself at a standstill; at a fork in the road. Where do I go from here?


Many adventures await. The last four years of my life were remarkable. Yet, I know my time in Ohio is done. I learned so many life lessons, and met people that I will carry in my heart for the rest of my life.  My heart simply bursts when I think of incredible friends I said goodbye to, knowing they impacted my life in ways I cannot begin to describe. All I can say is that I'm not quite the same as I started. I am truly blessed.


I was challenged in ways that I never thought possible. After its all said and done, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I am confident that everything turned out exactly as it was supposed to. I feel at peace with everything, and have no regrets. God gave me everyone that I needed: to help me, break me, leave me and love me.



The most beautiful thing in the world was being surrounded by young people striving for Holiness. People trying to be good. Falling and failing, but persevering. Genuine people, sharing their hearts and brokenness. I am a better woman for having known them. 




Although my time at Franciscan is over, I can fondly look back on the memories: the cups of tea shared over  heartfelt conversation. The joys and trials of sisterhood. St. Thérèse de Lisieux. Road-trips.  Hours spent in the chapel, praying relentlessly. Eucharistic Adoration. Gaming, Austria. The Loveshack & Coffee/Pandora mornings. Spontaneous adventures with dear friends. CCT. Homeless Ministry. 21st Birthday. 
Simplicity. Humility. 
Love. 


We are a pilgrim people; this is our journey. 






Although I'm not quite sure where I'm going yet, I know God has a plan for my life, and I'm trusting that whole-heartedly.


Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."



No comments:

Post a Comment